Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It Worked! My Blood Pressure is Back to Normal!

What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About(TM): Hypertension: The Revolutionary Nutrition and Lifestyle Program to Help Fight High Blood Pressure (What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About...)
Read this book and
become Heart Healthy,
naturally!!!
What else can I say but, "IT WORKED!" 
I reinvented my diet and my High Blood Pressure is GONE. No drugs, no doctors, no scare tactics from the pharmaceutical industry - just good old fashion "do what is good for your heart"

Remember this all started in May 2010 when I went to donate blood and learned my blood pressure was a shocking 145/95. I studied what causes high blood pressure, analyzed my lifestyle, reinvented my eating habits and began checking my blood pressure at home using a cheapo "home monitor." The home monitoring suggested things were working - well I proved it last week. I went to donate blood on Feb 1st and got the official reading - I lowered my blood pressure to 120/80. It Worked! from 145/95 to 120/80 by reinventing my diet and focusing on the potassium:sodium ratio of my food intake.

For those wanting to change your life and lower your blood pressure, here is my (now proven) recipe:
  1. Exercise regularly: I do at least 1 hour/day of vigorous activity, with 2-3 hours/day at least twice a week.
  2. Maintain a low fat diet: just remove foods high in fat - there is enough variety in foods that you do not need anything high in fat.
  3. Maintain a potassium:sodium ratio in my diet of at least 3:1. 1:1 would probably be sufficient; 5:1 would be incredible; I targeted 3:1 as my goal and it has worked.
The first 2 items in this recipe for lowering your blood pressure were already a part of my lifestyle (regular exercise & low fat diet). So, it was the addition of a 3:1 potassium to sodium diet that revolutionized my heart and health. Note that most so-called experts state to "lower sodium" to lower your blood pressure - this is a half truth - you MUST increase your potassium and get your diet to a 1:1 potassium:sodium ratio, at least. Also note that if you focus on increasing your potassium:sodium ratio that you will magically lower your sodium as a by product. As you investigate ways to increase potassium and increase the potassium:sodium ratio, you will naturally lower the sodium count. The potassium to sodium ratio is the magic factor in becoming heart healthy.

I owe my diet transformation to the extremely useful and informative book: What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Hypertension. I strongly suggest anyone who has high blood pressure (or even a family history of high blood pressure) to read this book and discover how easy it is to take control of your heart health!

No comments:

Post a Comment